RESERVATIONS, 11min., USA, Experimental
Directed by Tom White, John Leviege
While finding love can be unexpectant enough, the only thing even more unexpectant is finding out that same love, may have a past that's hard to look past.
I believe words & emotions no matter how raw or beautiful they are, should be shared & can be tastefully expressed.
I want my art to share feelings some people never knew existed by thoughtfully expressing pain, love, & experiences that they can hopefully identify with or become more equipped to better understand someone else.
I have faith that my content adds value by sharing stories of transformation.
Get to know the filmmaker John Leviege:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I felt this was an important story to tell & I just couldn't wait to put it on film.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you
to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I can't think of any obstacles. The cast was amazing & my team made the process seamless.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking
about your film in the feedback video?
This is my first experience with hearing actual feedback from my film, so I was completely shocked how well received it was.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I discovered this creative outlet in the midst of going through my divorce & custody battle a few years ago.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other
festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking
I think this festival is very well run. Maybe a live zoom screening with the director/producer & a small intimate audience watching at the same time.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your
experiences been working on the festival platform site?
My experience has been wonderful.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Alfredo pasta with chicken, shrimp, & andouille sausage.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have 3 more films currently in production & working on my first spoken word album set to release later this year.