NOCTURNAL JACKAL, 9min., USA
Directed by Vishal Rajput, Harkanwar Singh
A lonesome addict battles his depression, anxiety, and hopelessness by a sinister urge that reigns supremacy over his thoughts and actions.
Get to know filmmaker Vishal Rajput:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
What motivated me to make the film was to kind of shine light upon the mental health of a drug addict. How so many people pass away from drugs and sometimes there is just little or to none anyone can do to help that person out besides themselves to pull them out of their own darkness.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
With all preparations concerned, it took about a month to finish, but actually shooting of the film took one day.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
I would describe the film, sad and realistic.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The biggest obstacle faced during making the film was to finish it in one day because we didn't have enough budget to do it for another day.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
My initial reaction to everyone watching and reviewing the short was that they understood what message I was trying to put out there with the film. So very gratifying that this was understood.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I realized I wanted to make films at the age of 15.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The film I have seen most in my life was an action/horror film called, VERSUS. Directed by Ryuhei Kitamura. Pretty sick action scenes that rocked my senses at that time!
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
To help our filmmaking career, it would be nice for the audiences to ask us personal questions about our film and what led to making what we wanted to do.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Working with filmfreeway is awesome. Very informative on every level!
10. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is butter chicken. A yummy popular indian dish!
11. What is next for you? A new film?
We are working on our next short film. Pre visualization is all finished. Now just to shoot in the next month or so!