NO FATS. NO FEMMES. NO ASIANS., 23min., USA, Comedy/Relationships
Directed by Adam Razavi, Willa Rydall
When Eli and his longtime boyfriend break up, Eli starts to realize the parts of himself he was hiding to appeal to his relationship. Namely, his femininity.
Get to know filmmaker Adam Razavi:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I really felt like, as a "femme" queer person, I wasn't seeing myself represented on screen, and certainly not in an honest, real way. I wanted a show that had a good balance of showcasing queer issues while also showing an abundance of queer joy.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
4 years probably. The answer to this is more complex because I had such imposter syndrome around writing, so there would be months and months at a time where I wouldn't work on it at all.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Raising money! It was so difficult.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was wowed by how much detail they went into! Everyone seemed to really understand the message of the show and react in the ways I intended, which was cool to see come to life.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Only a couple of years ago. I used to do mostly theatre, and transitioned over to film.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Bring It On probably.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I love consistent communication and being involved! Making sure we know about all the festival goings-on and can take full advantage of what you offer.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
Probably Ghourmeh Sabzi (a Persian stew).
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Hopefully more films!! And I'm working on a feature 🥰