MY FATHER short film, audience reactions (writer/producer interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 7m 25s
MY FATHER, 6min,. USA, Thriller
Directed by Logan Donald
In order to provide for his family, Victorias father Hector made some bad decisions. She finds herself and her father kidnapped, knowing it will be up to her to get them out.
Interview with Writer/Producer Melanie Miranda:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My dad was diagnosed with cancer last year and in finding out the news, I wanted to create something special for my dad. He loves action movies and is the reason I love action films and so creating this action short for him felt like something I had to do to express my love and gratitude for him.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took about 3 months to have the finished product.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Finding the right location.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
This is so cool!! I was thrilled to see that people wanted to know more about the story.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I'm an actor but I've always had the desire to produce my own films and have my own production company. I thought it would happen further down the line but my dad getting sick and telling this story has started a new chapter for me and wanting to feed that dream as well.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I probably have seen the movie Selena the most times in my life. I'm Puerto Rican, its what was on every day, all day.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I would love to further promote the short and my desire to turn this short into a feature film.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It has been an amazing and exciting experience!
10. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is Chicken Parmigiana.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I am currently continuing to submit to festivals and getting materials ready to start pitching my short My Father to create a feature film.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
YATRA: The Journey short film, audien...
YATRA: The Journey, 19min,. USA, Fantasy
Directed by Gayatri Bajpai
After the two boys she tutors go missing, a grieving widow journeys into a mythical realm to rescue them from legendary demons straight out of the Indian epics of old.
REMEMBERING SUDAN: THE LAST MALE shor...
REMEMBERING SUDAN: THE LAST MALE, 11min,. USA, Documentary
Directed by Ami Vitale
Zacharia Mutai was devastated the day he lost his best friend Sudan. Sudan was someone he spent years with, someone he knew better than his own children, someone he loved. This death was tragic, but not a surprise.
BOSS OF THE TOSS short film, audience...
BOSS OF THE TOSS, 29min., USA
Directed by Chris Harboldt
While balancing a relationship with his girlfriend, a down and out cornhole player must compete in a high stakes, underground tournament to help his grammy pay off a bookie.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this f...