MY BROTHER CHARLIE, 12min., USA
Directed by Yogi Chavada
Life is beautiful, but it is also unpredictable. We aren’t always able to live life on our own terms; it has the terms set for us.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
After meeting a few people with developmental disabilities, I felt like challenging myself and making a film on this subject. I wanted to bring awareness and educate others.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took me about 3 months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
It was hard to manage my emotions throughout the entire process of filming and editing.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was overwhelmed and touched by the feedback. It was more special to hear the feedback from the general audience.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
During covid, when social media was at the peak, I realized the importance and impact of digital media. I then decided to switch my creative process of painting and drawing to filmmaking.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Mostly films from 1990’s, it's hard to name one
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I enjoyed and really appreciated the general audience feedback, however experienced feedback and constructive criticism from other filmmakers would also be very helpful.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Mental health is the subject for my next film, it's at the initial stage.