MONSTR, 6min., Canada
Directed by Tank Standing Buffalo
How do you go on living when everything is taken from you in the blink of an eye? A young artist confronts his inner demons while apprenticing with a northwest totem carver after the death of his beloved.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I felt emotional that anyone would care that much to take time to describe their feelings about the cartoon. Thank you to everyone who commented, I was watching it in a small thai restaurant on sunset strip waiting for some friends trying not to be visibly emotional just in case they showed up and catch me off guard..i didn't know it would mean that much to me until I saw it
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Seeing Godzilla for the first time...when I was young those sets and fx seemed achievable to me..pretty naive ..now that I'm older they were in fact incredibly complex
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
1989 Batman ..la bamba....predator
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Production Money or film equipment would be the most help to me
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Not sure ...I have a friend and producer help me with those kind of things...allowing me more time to focus on creating....I am pretty fortunate
10. What is your favorite meal?
Taco de Seso