MIND THIEF feature film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • Independent, Sci-Fi, Thriller
MIND THIEF, 109min,. USA, Documentary
Directed by Matt Steinauer
A novelist realizes that her neighbors may be under the mind control of unknown forces. Little does she realize how close and sinister its influence has become. MIND THIEF is a sci-fi thriller that takes us on a harrowing, sometimes humorous journey through the depths of the human psyche.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
We were interested in doing our own take on the concept of Mind Control. Our intention was to create a movie that could cross genres and was multi-layered—a movie that we ourselves would want to see.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I believe a bit over 2 years.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Logistics and continuity for shooting over an eighteen-month period during Covid.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Very happy with how warm and insightful the feedback was.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
In my early 20's when I started to realize how many facets there were to filmmaking and was drawn into its magic spell.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Raiders of the Lost Ark
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Agents for everyone!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Very positive. Easy to use.
10. What is your favorite meal?
A tie between leftover lasagna and street tacos.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Writing and developing several things including the sequel to Mind Thief.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
THE MUSE feature film, audience react...
THE MUSE, 49min,. Russia, Drama
Directed by Max Karpylev
Once successful novelist Mark is fighting for his sanity struggling to finish his book. Mark explores his difficult relations with his father and the sense of fear as an enemy of creativity. Will Mark sacrifice himself to finish his book on...
DRIFTEEN short film, audience reactio...
DRIFTEEN, 33min., USA, Drama/Adventure
Directed by Matthew McDuffie
In the 1990s, a pair of queer teenage girls run away from their troubled homes together in search of love and adventure and freedom and find much more than they bargained for on the highways of the American West.
HE WATCHES short film, audience react...
HE WATCHES, 14min., USA, Drama/Horror
Directed by Joshua Conkel
40-something Tom has his boyfriend Mikey move in. What seems like domestic bliss at first gives way to creeping dread as a malevolent spirit makes itself known. This gay ghost will stop at nothing to get close to Tom, even if that me...