MERCY, 7min., Germany
Directed by Olaf Kollmannsperger, Filipa Cavaco
“Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.” -The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Get to know filmmaker Olaf Kollmannsperger:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
After being at the new National Gallery of Berlin I knew I had to make a dance film at this location.
The combination of Max Richter music with David Dawson Choreography and the breath taking location was my motivation.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Around 10 months
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The biggest obstacle was in postproduction, matching colours in between the scenes.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was very moved and at the same time nervous, watching the audience opinions and interpretations
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I had passion with the camera for many years, but it was with covid locked down that I started profesionally
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
F MAJOR by Neels Castillon and Hania Rani
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I am satisfy with all the elements of the Festival:)
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I think FilmFreeway is an excellent platform for reaching to all film Festivals
10. What is your favorite meal?
My favourite meal is Seafood Paella :)
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I am finalizing a new script film, coming up soon