LOVED short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 10m
LOVED, 14min., USA, Horror
Directed by David Joseph Higgins
Produced by Joseph Sernio & Julie Robinson
A Holly Lake Films Production
A Crazed Plumber Risks Both His Career And Prison When He Finds His Wife In Bed With Another Man. As He Drives Furiously Around The Californian Desert In His Camper, He Screams At A Framed Picture Of His Wife Placed On The Passenger’s Seat And Proclaims That What He Did Was To Protect Her And Honor Their Wedding Vows.
Get to know the filmmaker Joseph Sernio:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I wanted to show a different side to my acting. I wanted something more challenging and something that I can build and shape myself using natural acting as well as some method acting. I knew there was only one person that could make that happen for me. DJ Higgins. A friend but also one of the best writers and directors I know.
DJ and I have been wanting to work together again for a while. When I went to DJ and asked him to help plan a new project he quickly wrote Loved.
We brought on our producing partner Julie Robnson and started planning. Julie helped produce the film and get things situated for our adventure to Joshua Tree.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Pre-production was about 6 months and i took about 1 month to prepare myself. Once completed post-production was about 2 months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The biggest obstacle was the shooting in the RV. It was smaller than expected but the overall management and planning of getting the entire crew and the cast out to the middle of the desert. We had some other issues along the way but we built one of the best teams and got it done.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was thrilled to hear what they had to say and the excitement they had after watching it. This film is not for everyone but even the ones that are not into the dark pieces can't take their eyes off of it.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When i turned on the camcorder, taped myself running around in army PJs, and put a tape in the VCR
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Stand By Me
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
The in-person screenings and gathering parties are always the best for filmmakers. Even if you don't show all films a networking event showing the trailers work well for filmmakers
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Love Film Freeway
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
DJ Higgins and I are now in pre-production of our new series shooting in colorado in late August 2023
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
GET AWAY short film, audience reactions
GET AWAY, 15min., USA, Horror
Directed by Michael Gabriele
A group of friends spending the weekend at remote vacation rental in the desert, play a mysterious VHS tape, and realize that there are too many strange and terrifying coincidences.
GOTH BEACH short film, audience react...
GOTH BEACH, 3min., USA, Music Video
Directed by Walter Alice Sickert
Music Video for Walter Sickert & The Army of Broken Toys
IGGY short film, audience reactions
IGGY, 5min., USA, Drama
Directed by Anthony Cuomo
Overwhelmed with the pressures of high school. Iggy Fransisco attempts to make friends and is rejected. A classmate Abigail notices this and offers her friendship to Iggy.