LOVE IS HELL, 3min., UK
Directed by Brendan Void
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My motivation was simply to just promote a positive message involving the LGBTQ community aka a community undervalued within the entertainment industry.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It was 2 shoot days (because 90% of the cast cancelled on the first shoot...) thankful for that, as the new cast members were amazing. The music was the first step, that took a span of a 2 months occasionally working on it, then booking a day everyone was available is always a long process, probably a span of 4 months (but actually creative time, I'd say a week).
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
90% of the first cast cancelling on the day of the shoot.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Joy, love, peace, recognition
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was a teenager
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Obsessed with Beetlejuice as a kid, so I watched that a lot
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Any form of promotion, more awards haha
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Love film freeway, super helpful
10. What is your favorite meal?
Probably some kid of vegan burger
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Got an EP with two films attached, one of which I traveled to New York to film, another a horror comedy surreal piece, another art film working with someone in The Netherlands, im also directing a music documentary about someone called Gary Kettel (the drummer that played all the drums in all the big films, starwars etc, worked with John Williams, Hans Zimmer etc)