LIVING WITH LANDSLIDES, 45min., USA
Directed by Laure Quinlivan
This film documents the devastating costs of landslides to both private property owners and taxpayers, and offers solutions. Climate change means landslides will only get worse.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I love digging to stories that are important.
I was approached by Hillside Trust about the issue, and I really didn’t know the extent of this landslide problem in my city. That amazed me since I have been a reporter here for 15 years and also served on city council. So, if I didn’t know the extent of this issue that costs families and governments millions of dollars each year…I knew it was a story that needed to be told to everyone in our region..
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Amazing & Important
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Getting a variety of stories included to show extent of the problem, from poor to wealthy families affected, as well as big governments like Cincinnati and small towns like Ludlow, KY
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I appreciated their responses.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
As soon as Hillside Trust spoke with me about the issue.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Constructive and honest feedback is the most important thing, unless you’d like to help me finding funding for my next idea!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
A great Italian dinner that involves fish or seafood with good wine,
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Not sure yet, but I hope to find another documentary project or a feature or short narrative film to direct and produce.