KANNAGI short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 10m
KANNAGI, 21min,. India, Drama
Directed by Ezhil Vinod Selvan
A story of two best friends going through adolescence and trying to understand their own gender and those around them. In this process, society changes their course of life.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Not all children falling in the LGBT category are privileged to complete their studies. When something like this happens in our life at our adolescence stage, we are not mature enough to embrace or support them, but later realize and regret it.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
From initiation to completion it took one year.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
To shoot this concept with actors in the age group of 12-15 years.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was very happy and glad that what I had intended was conveyed to the audience transcending borders. It has encouraged and motivated me.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Right from childhood, I am fascinated by movies and getting lost in that world. Jurassic Park was my first-ever inspiration. I've always been engrossed in drawing my own comic strips and caricatures and writing stories.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
There are innumerable ones so it is hard to name. "Cinema Paradiso" was my first ever exposure to World Cinema. Spellbound by that, I later started watching movies of those whom I call my master- Akira Kurosawa, Alfred Hitchcock, Guillermo Del Toro, Satyajit Ray and many more.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I feel you are doing great currently.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It's been a great experience. A very user-friendly site.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Biriyani and Tukpa
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes.. a feature film.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
PHONETIME short film, audience reactions
PHONETIME, 9min., UK, Drama
Directed by Jordan Chandler
A transcendent tale of love following two seperated lovers as they navigate the difficulties of their past and the possibilities of their future.
LILY OF THE VALLEY short film, audien...
LILY OF THE VALLEY, 16min., UK, Drama
Directed by Gary Grant
A fading movie star, fresh from a rejection for a starring role, is drugged and photographed by her devious and self-serving girlfriend, an aspiring photographer she nurtured. The images, displayed at a high-profile London galley, shatt...
BLUE SQUARE HEART short film, audienc...
BLUE SQUARE HEART, 30min,. USA, Drama
Directed by WIlliam Venus Means
A drag queen is forced to reconsider his shockingly violent art when his estranged, conservative mother makes a surprise appearance at his show in an attempt to reconnect.