I CAN FLY short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 11m
I CAN FLY, 12min,. USA
Directed by Leslie Dektor
Formerly Homeless, Fannie Mayfield speaks for the speechless and gives us pause to feel and think in perspective.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Having come across Fanny Mayfield on the streets of Skid Row, the manner in which she carried herself, drew me to a person that clearly was not at one with herself. Later engaging in dialogue with her I encountered somebody who I felt was challenged with the way she looked. Only to discover a woman whose beauty was not how she looked but was inside who she was and found myself saying to Fanny "lets talk and I will introduce you to you and your beauty.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
BEAUTY IN SOUND
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
MY SUBJECTS TRUST
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
IN MY TWENTIES
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
JOHN HUSTON'S FAT CITY
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
YOU'RE DOING PRETTY WELL RIGHT NOW.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
DON'T EAT MUCH
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
The Useless Glassblower film, audienc...
THE USELESS GLASSBLOWER, 15min., Germany
Directed by Holger E. Metzger
A fascinating short documentary on a traditional glassmaker deep in the southern German Black Forest, and his thoughts and feelings about what this 7000-year-old craft has taught him about life.
I am intere...
CNTRL short film, audience reactions
CNTRL, 6min., Canada
Directed by Marco Ciardullo, Alex Laframboise
Musical evolution and cultural development have worked in tandem for decades. Electronic music and its subgenres represent the idea of unification through a single art form, orchestrated by a Disc Jockey (DJ). This documentary exp...
The Ones Left Behind: The Plight of S...
The Ones Left Behind: The Plight of Single Mothers in Japan, 78min., Japan, Documentary
Directed by Rionne McAvoy
This documentary depicts the theme of "hidden poverty" that has occurred in-spite of Japan's rapid economic growth in such a short period of time immediately following World War II. T...