HOLD MY HAND short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 11m
HOLD MY HAND, 13min., Russia, Family Drama
Directed by Alexandra Alekhina
Masha is over forty, and she is pregnant. The event is long-awaited and joyful - she and her husband really want children. A visit to the perinatal center casts doubt on the possibility of having a healthy baby – tests show a high risk of having a child with the Down syndrome.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was impressed by the script. I can remember me trying to choose a script to make a film. I spent a night reading a hundred of scripts and only this one made an impression.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
it took a half of year. Actually it was a challenge to make this film because the filming period was planned for March this year and due to this Russia-Ukraine story we lost our sponsors etc. so it was a volitional decision to continue.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
hope against fear
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Financial issues due to the sponsor leave. It was a magic that we completed the film. I'm glad to my family, my brother and my husband who helped to overcome this.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was amazed by the perception
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
15 years ago but I had a fear to make films
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
it is the Romeo&Juliet by Baz Luhmann
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
It would be great to have certificates and statues
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
it is only positive
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I'm considering to make a screen version of one of world bestseller about teenagers
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
an elixir for the extinction of exper...
AN ELIXIR FOR THE EXTINCTION OF EXPERIENCE, 11min., USA, Documentary
Directed by Clay Antonatos
The threats of the climate crisis are more and more becoming a reality, posing immense challenges to human and ecosystem health, yet it continuously proves difficult to make any meaningful change. We c...
Molecular Chirality: A Scientific Doc...
MOLECULAR CHIRALITY: A SCIENTIFIC DOCUMENTARY, 14min., UK, Documentary
Directed by Robert Cameron
Chiral molecules come in left- and right-handed forms; discriminating between them can make the difference between life and death...
CENTENARY short film, audience reacti...
CENTENARY, 8min., UK, Documentary
Directed by A.D. Cooper
A film created to mark the centenary of a bee keepers' charity association.
As a beekeeper myself, I wanted to show that the mysterious art o...