GONE WITH THE WING short film, audience reactions (with interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • Documentary, Short Films
GONE WITH THE WING, 16min., Australia, Documentary
Directed by Andrew Englisch, Hamish Pattison
From renowned adventure filmmakers Safari Productions and cinematographer Hamish Pattison comes Andrew Englisch’s world first attempt to cross treacherous Bass Strait on his Wing Foil. A stunning, intimate and raw portrait of Andrew’s journey to raise himself out of the depths of depression and be the first person to cross one of the most dangerous stretches of water on the planet, despite only learning to wing foil 12 months earlier and before his 55th birthday. Gone With The Wing is both an inspiring portrait of an ‘Old Bugger’ who pushed himself to the limits mentally and physically and an epic adventure in one of the world’s most rugged, wild and beautiful regions. The result is an inspiring triumph of the human spirit.
I am a pirate. I travel to the world's most dangerous, beautiful and scary places and bring back the loot. A bounty of film, photos and stories.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
During over 6 months of lockdown in Melbourne Australia I was severely struggling with my mental health and needed a new project to help me rise out of my mental fog.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
6 months from first idea to completion. I had also only learnt the sport of Wing Foling 12 months previous to embarking on the world first!
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
My own insecurities
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was truly humbled. To see the feedback from my little film from your amazing audience across the globe was indescribable,.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I have been making short films and TV commercials for the past 10 years but this is the first film I decided to turn the lens on myself.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I think your festival is incredible and particularly the audience feedback video. It provides such a unique insight.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Film Freeway is an amazing platform that allows me to discover festivals which I would never otherwise know about.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Schnitzel (My father is Austrian)
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Definitely. I have plans to make a feature length documentary next based on exploring further mental health, wing foiling and adventure, Stay tuned!!!!
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
NAVIGATING THE GREAT WHITE WAY film, ...
NAVIGATING THE GREAT WHITE WAY, 30min., USA
Directed by Jarred Bedgood
Follow along with Jarred Bedgood (director) as he interviews four Broadway performers and writers during the height of the racial unrest and the covid shutdown in 2020.
FEATURE FILM TRAILER: UNVERIFIED, Dir...
Jason Sutherland wants to prove that such things as Sasquatches exist, but he doesn't want to kill one to do so. He and others come up with a non-lethal way to possibly verify their existence but a pro-kill advocate tries to beat them to the punch.
MESSAGES FROM THE MARSH short film, a...
MESSAGES FROM THE MARSH - PARTS 1-3, 3min., USA, Experimental
Directed by Amy Kaczur
Messages from the Marsh, 2021 to current, is an immersive experience with multiple video projections, sound art, and mapping. The project focuses on marsh locations on the east coast, and the work is developed vi...