GOING DOWN, 1min., USA, Action
Directed by Nathaniel Henry
Two guys can't keep their cool on elevator, and it starts going down.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1.What motivated you to make this film?
My actors are both experienced in martial arts and I also wanted to get into more exciting action filmmaking so we came up with this idea and made it happen. We really just wanted to make something fun and exciting to watch.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Probably about 3 weeks. We got the idea, the next week we shot a previsual on my phone, and the next week we shot it for real.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Action Comedy. I think it fits perfectly into that genre.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Definitely shooting in a real elevator. It was hot, hard to keep the camera safe, and people kept getting on while we were shooting which is really awkward.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was super exciting! I have never gotten feedback on anything I've done from people I don't know before, and for the responses to be so positive really makes me feel good about the film we made.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I realized I wanted to make films probably around 10 or 11. I started doing stop-motion animations and transitioned into live-action films at the end of high school.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
School of Rock and Scott Pilgrim vs the World are 2 films I've seen a lot. I like funny and entertaining movies.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
This festival does it, and that's feedback. Especially as a student filmmaker, I'm always looking to get better with my next project, so I value hearing how I can improve.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It's been really great, this was the first acceptance I've gotten, and since then we've gotten more which is really exciting.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Chicken and rice, I like to lift weights as a hobby.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Absolutely, me and some friends (One of the actors in Going Down) just started an Action in Film club at our University and are looking forward to getting better at action filmmaking.