FROZEN HARVEST short film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 7m 50s
FROZEN HARVEST, 3min., USA
Directed by Mark Fleming
For centuries, the people of Maine have upheld the tradition of ice harvesting. Our team had the opportunity to join volunteers at the Thompson Ice House and witness firsthand this once-thriving industry's remarkable but vulnerable legacy.
As one of the few remaining ice harvests in the world, the ice house in South Bristol offers a poignant reminder of the profound impact of global warming.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
"From inception to wrap, we put this together inside of 30-days"
2. How would you describe your film in two words!?
3. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
"The biggest obstacle? Filming in subzero temperatures!"
4. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
"Hearing the audience discuss my film in the feedback video was a humbling and gratifying experience."
5. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
"I discovered my love for filmmaking gradually as I transferred from being a still photographer to a filmmaker. I was continually fascinated by the power of visual storytelling."
6. What film have you seen the most in your life?
"I've watched 'JAWS' countless times—if ever there were a perfect film, that is it!"
7. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
"As a filmmaker, I appreciate festivals that provide networking opportunities and ways for receiving viewer feedback."
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How have your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
"My experience using the FilmFreeway platform for festival submissions has been smooth and convenient."
9. What is your favorite meal?
"When it comes to food, I can't resist a delicious plate of pasta."
10. What is next for you? A new film?
"My team and I are currently exploring two documentary projects — both focus heavily on life here in the Northeast."
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON FRIDAY NIGHT ...
DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON FRIDAY NIGHT, 103min., USA
Directed by Mike Schmiedeler, Michael O'Brien
From EP Tom Morello - Meet former gravedigger turned doorman at the Park Hyatt in Chicago turned frontman to his own band, Ike Reilly. At 40 years old he landed a recording contract with Universal and...
WATER DAWG short film, audience react...
WATER DAWG, 33min., USA
Directed by Christopher Baiza
Once upon a time on Halloween, 1979... A new treat is introduced.
YOUR LAST SUMMER: A FAN FILM short fi...
YOUR LAST SUMMER: A FAN FILM, 17min,. USA
Directed by Mark J. J. Parker
It's July 4th at Dawson's Beach, and Jesse shows Hank an ominous note he received from someone who knows their romantic secret. The Southport Slasher Ben Willis sent a similar note to Julie James 25 years ago before wreaking ...