FOUR OLD LEGS feature film, audience reactions (producer interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 7m 22s
FOUR OLD LEGS, 58min., Canada, Art Dance
Directed by Barbara Willis Sweete
Iconic Canadian ballerina Evelyn Hart and Zhenya Cerneacov explore long-term love, the passage of time, and the power of memory in exquisitely crafted movie by Barbara Willis Sweete.
Citadel + Compagnie is proud to announce the release of its first full-length film, Four Old Legs, moving choreographer James Kudelka’s originally adored stage production from stage to screen. Directed by Oscar-nominated filmmaker Barbara Willis Sweete, the film features beloved Canadian ballerina Evelyn Hart alongside talented dancer Zhenya Cerneacov.
Get to know Producer Laurence Lemieux:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Canadian award winning Choreographer has been our resident choreographer from 2008 to 20220, and we were inspired by his works and wanted to pay tribute to him by creating this film.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Wow I mean wow it was so awesome to hear and see the comments thank you so much for sending
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I am a dancer and choreographer, and I have always been interested films, so when this opportunity to producing a film presented itself, I jumped into it!!
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
French movies, French Canadian movies, dance films
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I have nothing to suggest I think you are doing a great job
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Many new choreographic works and Perhaps a new film.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
RUM 444 short film, audience reactions
RUM 444, 16min., Sweden, Art Dance
Directed by Peter Svenzon
A dance piece for film. An international collaboration with the dance artists and playwrights Lars Noren and Falk Richter who have shared their texts...
COMPLEX short film, audience reaction...
COMPLEX, 13min., USA, Documentary
Directed by David Taylor
COMPLEX depicts the vast system of privately operated prisons which incarcerate migrants and refugees under contract with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in the United States. In 2019 the average daily population in ICE custody ...
45 MILL STREET feature film, audience...
45 MILL STREET, 54min., USA, Documentary
Directed by Daaniel Catulo
Collin Wiant was found unresponsive in the early morning of November 12, 2018 at 45 Mill Street in Athens, Ohio. He was taken to a local hospital and pronounced dead at the age of 18. His family would soon learn that Collin was ...