FLORES, 4min,. Germany, Music Video
Directed by Asbirg Anderson
Artur is strolling around the city of Münster. 'What shall I do?' he asks himself - 'Live wild and dangerous' was the response. Three encounters help him to be courageous.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The idea of making a film about the people and their deeds or words that stayed with me for years was not new. Then I went to diffferent short film festivals and what stood out to me was with which feeling I left the cinema. And I was like, wait, what if I make a positive short film. How would the audience feel about hat?
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took about 6 months. But I had no song. Then I listened to the, then new, album of this amazing musician José Gonzalez.
But I never imagined that he would give me one of his songs. I waited outside the venue when he played in Amsterdam... for hours. But then he walked by. He is such a nice person!
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Enchanted and coincidence.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Getting everyone together for one day. The old lady was in the hospital just a few days before filming and my friend Raan needed to come over from London and the weather of course. But everything turned out beautifully.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
By coincidence I watched the video at 4am in the morning. Haha. It made me so happy to see all the smiling faces and hearing that it made people happy - which was my intention.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
It was a wish or a dream in my heart for a very long time, since going to the cinema. But it took time until I found the courage and tools to start.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Most films I only watch once but what really stayed with me were "The Fabulous Destiny of Amélie Poulain", "Atonement" and "Zimt and Koriander" (Actually later in London I really met an Physics guy from Greece-no coincidence)
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
In my opinion hearing the audience and their reaction- online or in the cinema are moments which make every filmmaker very happy. I would love to reach out to some of them and talk further - that would be fun.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I joined recently, I would like if you could put money in something like a depot (like clickforfestivals) ... besides that its fine.
10. What is your favorite meal?
To be honest, I have no idea as I like so many different foods - my guilty pleasure are Macarons :-)
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Currently I am in postproduction with my 3rd short film called "The neighbor" its a film about neigborhood and dementia - inspired by my neighbor.
And I am preparing my first feature length film "ỌMỌ" together with my friend Ike Nnaebue.