FIGHT ROOM, 4min., Germany
Directed by Frédéric Frankel
A secret agent wakes up after a knockout.
Get to know writer/actor Betty Kaplan:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
We wanted to compose a self contained fight scene stripped of emotional reasoning with only subtle hints to the world outside the scene itself.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
A few days
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Well. The title.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Time constraints we put on ourselves.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Watching the feedback videos made us pleasantly surprised at how thoughtful the reactions were and grateful that people quite different from our immediate film nerd circle enjoyed this allegorical story.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Recently. When I realised being an actor only won't get me far; nowadays you can and should write and shoot your own projects.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Mio in the Land of Faraway
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Any advice on what distribution means would be super helpful.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Inconsistent. A couple of festivals were not verified and dissapeared from the internet after submission.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Buckwheat wtih vegan butter.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Poster and touch ups for another short under 5 minutes.