FEELING SPECIAL short film, audience reactions (writer interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • Animation
FEELING SPECIAL, 5min,. USA, Animation
Directed by Carlos Hoffman
Animated film adaptation of the children's book, Feeling Special, about a Turtle who believes that all his friends are special, but that he is just ordinary, and finally realizes that he is special too.
Get to know writer Jennifer Kurani:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
JENNIFER: The motivation to make this film came from the desire to spread a very important message about believing in yourself. Everyone truly is special in their own way! When you believe in yourself, you're accepting who you really are. You're not afraid to give your opinion and you're going to be proud of this person you're becoming. When you believe in yourself you feel like you can handle the world! Positive energy and a little confidence gives a major lift. Believing that you are special gives you the strength and ability to accomplish goals. Deep down inside, you know you can do anything.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
JENNIFER: The film is an adaptation of the children's book Feeling Special which took almost one year to write, illustrate & publish.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
JENNIFER: Heartwarmingly Sweet
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
JENNIFER: Having to communicate and create only via Zoom because of the obstacles we faced during the pandemic.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
JENNIFER: Pure joy and gratitude for the work that we've created together as a team.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
JENNIFER: I love watching Rom Coms & my favorite is You've Got Mail.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
JENNIFER: I found it very clear to understand which makes it easy to submit a film & understand the results when they are released.
10. What is your favorite meal?
JENNIFER: Any meal that is Indian.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
JENNIFER: I want to continue writing stories and turning them into films that the audience can enjoy.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
THE STRUGGLE short film, audience rea...
THE STRUGGLE, 5min., USA, Comedy
Directed by Keith Armonaitis
Adulting is hard. Morning is harder.
The arts are one of the few ways that we can reconnect with our humanity As a writer/director, I think it is important that every movie that I make reveals something of the human...
INFINITE short film, reactions
INFINITE, 4min., USA, Experimental
Directed by Peter Tedone
A stylized visual metaphor and experimental twist on the man-against-self story. An fantastical, neo-noir inspired allegory for the cycle of self-destruction we perpetuate through choices and behaviors we are unable or unwilling to give ...
Queer Mongol short film, audience rea...
QUEER MONGOL, 16min., USA, Documentary
Directed by Brandt Miller
Queer Mongol follows four characters over the course of Mongolia's LGBTQ+ Pride Festival, who embody a diversity of gender and sexual identities. The film is a meditation on queerness in the non-west and a nuanced glimpse into a nas...