ENCONTRO feature film, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 9m 15s
ENCONTRO, 1hr. 56min., France,
Directed by François Manceaux
Seven years after the death of his wife, Alain, a belgium director, longs to meet the actress of his unfinished film, with whom he shared a passion in Lisbon. Once in place, discovers that she had disappeared. A unknown woman offers him help for the investigation. It beggins for him a hipnotic journey in Cabo Verde, obsessed by those images from his past in opposition to the present in Lisbon, where it surfaces the duality between those two women.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
What pushed me was a form of necessity that I had in mind for many years and which takes up a set of elements of self-fiction.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I really enjoyed the comments and the attention these viewers gave to the film. In particular the acquittal and the finesse of their perception of the emotions they took away from the film compared to their own emotional sensitivity. I was very happy that this film reached a young audience. I thank them very much for their testimonies.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Already 14 years old. I made films in Super 8 when I started.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
L'avventura of M. Antonioni
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Continue to amplify your festival which I appreciate very much. Do not hesitate to talk about it at other festivals. I now hope to be able to find a Canadian distributor.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Good experience through FilmFreeway. The Romance festival quickly came back to me directly to explain the progress of their festival, send me the link of the comments, the laurels...
10. What is your favorite meal?
Orange duck and lemon pie.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
This first fiction film is, I hope, the first of a trilogy.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
I DREAM MY DREAM short film, audience...
I DREAM MY DREAM, 4min., Netherlands, Music
Directed by Monique van Kerkhof, Bo Oudendijk
I dream My dream
Exploring and dreaming
Unearthing freedoms, instinctively
with consciousness and unconsciousness intertwined
Circles define as if nothing be something
Some moves for true nearness, I give gr...
UPROOTED short film, audience reactions
UPROOTED, 4min., Canada, Experimental
Directed by Zane
In 1959, Steven Truscott was wrongly convicted for the rape and murder of his classmate Lynne Harper and was sentenced to be hanged. This is a poem about that event.
ANIMA #2 short film, audience reactions
ANIMA #2, 2min., Portugal, Animation/Experimental
Directed by Vasco Diogo
Anima # 2 is an experimental animation that shows 6 hand drawn human like figures in a constant row. Their movement, similar to a video dance, is created by the nature of the drawing, both by form and color. The apparent st...