DARK MINOR, 3min., France, Horror/Comedy
Directed by Lilou Fogli
A woman desperately tries to escape her fate.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The Covid experience and the desire to create a film. The time spent locked down with my son really motivated me to tell this story.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Between the idea and the finalization... I would say two years. But from the moment, I actually wrote this story until the end of post-production: 6 months. I wrote it and then I called, Thierry Pouget, the cinematographer attached to my feature film (which I am trying to do). He said he was on board. We quickly assembled the team. I did some location scouting and we shot it in one day. Afterwards, I edited it quickly on my computer to see if the short film was indeed a film, which it was. That's when I approached Nolita Production, who took the short film under its wing and supported me throughout the entire post-production process.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I find the sound was the most challenging part. It's not really an obstacle, but rather a difficulty. It's essential in the film, especially the music. It greatly contributes to the suspenseful aspect. Also, acting and directing when you've never directed before is not always easy.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Wow, I was proud. Thank you, a thousand times, for these feedbacks that are almost longer than my short! It's extremely gratifying and encouraging for the future.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I am an actress and screenwriter. I have written several films for directors, and when I see them being filmed, it's not always what I had in mind when I wrote them. It's not necessarily worse or better, just different. So, it became clear to me that I wanted to direct what I write. And honestly, I loved this first experience!
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
To have us come over to meet and exchange in person. It would be amazing!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal? Hahaha, I am French. Cliché, but I love food. I am crazy about artichoke but if I had to choose one dish, it would be: roasted eggplants.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I am crossing my fingers to secure funding for my feature film produced by the same production company as my short film: Nolita.