CONTRITION, 14min., Canada, Crime/Mystery
Directed by Brandon Normon
A double-cross following a diamond heist sends a man on a journey of repentance.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
We had a location and a weekend available and the music inspired the theme of betrayal and redemption.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
We shot the film in one day. The editing took about two weeks total spread out over a couple months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Time. We lost a night on our original schedule and had to compress the shoot into one day. 66 set ups. We were exhausted.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Their interpretations were in line with my intentions so I felt it confirmed I did something right.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
At a very young age. 9 years old I wrote my first script and would have epic cinematic play sessions with my toys as a younger kid complete with characters, stories, slow motion moments, and dialogue.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
"Sorcerer" by William Friedkin.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Happy thus far. What's missing for us is the right people seeing our films.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
More shorts. We are putting together our first feature soon.