CONFLICT, 3min., USA, Poem
Directed by Nitashia L Johnson
Conflict is a short poetic visual about the struggle of letting go of someone you love when it isn't working. Instead of releasing, our entities might ignore the signs of a declining relationship. The living and dead organic life shown throughout the video represents the constant tug and pull we might feel from karmic ties, making us stay.
"My mission is to bring out the internal beauty found in the souls living in this world. My creative process helps me shine a light on specific issues. Art making is my gift from the universe, and I use it with love."
Get to know the filmmaker;
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I felt moved to make a film about conflicts in a relationship. The love we foster inside is essential, and letting go can be very problematic. We have to learn when to walk away from things that no longer serve us instead of repeating a cycle that limits our growth.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took about a year. To get the point across, I filmed the live / and unalive organic items at different times of the year. I didn't want to rush the editing because everyone involved with this project meant so much to me.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Poetic & Beautiful
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The time. I had to find the time to edit it. Also, the resources needed to be improved. I created this with what I saved from work. No matter what it takes, I want to push beautiful things into the world.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was jumping for joy. Like, I smiled soooo very hard. Thank you all for the kind words.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
After helping tell the hidden stories in the world with my photography.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I have seen many, but one is called The Long Kiss Goodnight.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
N/A - You all did amazing
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How have your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It was easy, and I found you all on the last day, and I'm so happy I submitted it.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I love the egusi soup recipe.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
My next film will deal with self-care, so as a reminder...take care of yourself. Promise?