COMMITTING TO BURGLARY, 25min., USA, Comedy
Directed by JJ Duffy
Two friends attept to rob a house for the first time and it doesn't go as planned.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The very deep and insightful answer is that I thought it was really funny. I love toying with social norms in my scripts; crossing those lines, like the intimacy and trust of a massage crossing with the violation of robbery, and seeing how individuals can gain a deeper understanding of each other... also it was funny.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
a year and a half.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I didn't budget for post-production financials.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I loved it! I loved seeing the heartfelt and nuanced reactions of everyone. I was really pleased.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I've always wanted to be an actor, and I have always loved writing stories. Once I realized it was actually easier and more gratifying to put my own stories together, I started at it.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
anything that helps build an audience is the best.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Film Freeway is great!
10. What is your favorite meal?
My son's meatloaf or Chicken tenders with Blue cheese.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Mabny many films in the making. We have 5 in production now.