CHEESY AND THE BEARS short film, audience reactions (interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 5m 51s
CHEESY AND THE BEARS, 3min., USA, Animation
Directed by Tyler Carlin
A 3D Original Animated Musical Adventure. Daring Adventurer, Cheesy, treks deep into an ancient forest after discovering the legend of The Bears in a Magical Book. The Book allows communication with these majestic and wise creatures. During their first encounter, we see them take an epic journey through the vast forest. Along the way, they come across other magical forest animals who join their quest. Cheesy knows The Bears posses the knowledge of how to live forever and travel throughout the Galaxy, and he has been preparing for this moment since he was a young boy...
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I actually wrote the song when I was 19, and it lived in my brain for 18 years! I played it for friends and family over the years on piano until this past year my childhood friend, Dave- who's also my music producer said, "Your songs would work really well as a kids show!" We brought in our other childhood friend, Josh, and our team was off to the races.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About 5 very rewarding months
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Magical & Adventurous!
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Ensuring the aesthetic portrayal of the characters and the sets matched the vision in our minds' eye.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Honestly, I felt like a kid. I got a jolt of energy and was just really happy and honored.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
It's been a dream since I started writing songs in high school to have them accompanied by magical and inspiring animations.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Probably Goodfellas. I like how it's 3 decades in 3 hours.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Share with as many people as possible. And kids too, because kids love music and film just as much as adults!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Seamless. Easy to search and apply.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Ribeye, sweet potato and chopped salad.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I'm already working with my team on the next musical adventure. We will continue on the journey of Cheesy and The Bears. It's called Breakfast Land, and it will be available on our youtube channel soon! Cheers!
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
MIN'S TALE short film, audience feedback
MIN'S TALE, 3min., Canada, Experimental
Directed by Rakesh Sidana
Min's story of transition and coming into her own body has been of lot of turmoil and desparation....
It’s been a bit of a long journey with this body, and I mean.. it continues and continues. At this point that’s what love is, to ...
THE WORLD OF WITHOOS short film, audi...
THE WORLD OF WITHOOS, 10min., Netherlands, Experimental
Directed by Hans Withoos, Inge Theunissen
Together with filmmaker Inge Theunissen of Itmoves, I Hans Withoos made a surrealist film about my quest for the amalgamation of the works of our ancestors and our photography.
DOE short film, audience reactions
DOE, 3min., USA, Music Video
Directed by Yi Liu
An aggressive, self sufficient dancer discovers her softness and dependency through being with her mate.