BUSTIN' LOOSE music video, audience reactions (director interview)
FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS • 5m 29s
BUSTIN' LOOSE, 4min., USA, Music Video
Directed by Karla Puno Garcia
A young girl finds herself in an underworld.
Get to know the director:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was inspired by the music and it led me to create a world full of fun, quirky characters and wild movement!
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Trying to figure out the connection between the main character and traveling to another world.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Flattered that people were drawn to the things that I hoped would be prominent - most of all the overall vibe.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I performed on camera and realized you can focus one's attention very specifically. The reach to many more people is appealing as well.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Good Will Hunting
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Award/Recognition to the ensemble/dancers/cast; Monetary Prizes to make more films; network opportunities with other filmmakers.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
very organized experience
10. What is your favorite meal?
avocado, rice, and baked chicken
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Choreographing live theater and creating my own films from the short film universe I began.
Up Next in FESTIVAL AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEOS
THE CELL short film, audience reactions
THE CELL, 22min., Taiwan, Dance
Directed by Po Cheng Tsai, Meng Hsueh Ho
In The Cell , Po-Cheng Tsai and the tanzmainz ensemble dedicate himself to the many facets of a single personality. A cell can be a prison, but it can also be the beginning of a great whole. A cell has all potentials, destru...
ARRIVAL BY HORSE short film, audience...
ARRIVAL BY HORSE, 12min., UK, Dance/Documentary
Directed by Robyn Pete
A dancer finds herself in a new practice - with horses. This film documents her process as she finds her authentic self through equine facilitated therapy.
BO|U|NDS short film, audience reactio...
BO|U|NDS, 5min., France, Dance
Directed by Emeline Rochefeuille, Jakub Jakooubek
A short story about breaking out of constrictions, a never-ending quest of self-expansion. Our perception of Love, entwined with the values of curiosity, courage and connection to others...freedom.
Get to know the f...