ANGEL NEGRO, 8min,. USA, Drama
Directed by Eduardo Zamora
In "Angel Negro," Eduardo Zamora plays a skilled hitman who specializes in taking out troublesome husbands at the request of their wives. Based in Los Angeles, California, Angel is a highly sought-after assassin who operates in the shadows and has built a reputation for his discretion and efficiency.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
A: I wrote this film in a my LA flat where I was catching vibe one night and I played the butterfly song by crazy town and I wrote the short in about 45 mins , Then I made a shot list and I told myself "if I came up with this this fast and down all this in one night I must shoot it" and I did. I wanted to tell a story using my surroundings as a backdrop.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you
to make this film?
A; :it took me about 2 years because what took the most time was clearing the actual song so I can use it and also some minor edits that I made there is a 15 min with more details and what not but ill save that for the director's cut.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
A: "Acid Noir "
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
A: "I Had a hard time writing it as if it was over the phone. I wanted these conversations to be poetic and authentic."
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking
about your film in the feedback video?
A:"I Was grateful for each word that came out their mouths."
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
A: "I wanted to make films since my mother put me in art school at 13 also having great mentors along the way"
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
A: "Phantoms Paradise"
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other
festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking
A: Something that you guys did that most festivals should do is actually care about the ART and dedicate yourselves to actually giving A great artistic perspective
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your
experiences working on the festival platform site?
A: "They have made it so much easier to submit and get connected with like minded artists who do great work."
10. What is your favorite meal?
A: " Dave's Hot Chicken "
11. What is next for you? A new film?
A :" I am working on a new film I'm producing in the works and also producing a rock album "