ORKIDE UNSUR - WINTER 2011 1pg. Screenplay Finalist
1. What is your screenplay about?
SITOPHOBIA (food fear/eating fear) is about a slightly overweighted young woman who is in a diet. It tells about the anxiety of a young woman, exaggeratedly and humourusly. The logline/synopsis is: “It was an ordinary day for the young lady. Until that moment...”
2. Why did should people vote for your 1page script?
SITOPHOBIA draws attention to an important subject that many women have been suffering with especially in this century. Fashion, diet, health, welness, as well as media and entertainment markets have been constantly pushing the todays modern women for being more slim and more skinny.
3. How long have you been writing screenplays?
I have been writing screenplays and directing movies for more than 16 years and have won several international awards.
4. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Vertigo by Alfred Hitchcock.
5. What artist in the film industry would you love to work with?
6. How many screenplays have you written?
I have written five short fiction screenplays as well as one short documentary, one short experimental documentary, one tv documentary screenplay, couple of promotional movie scripts and I produced some of them into movies. One of my greatest desire is shooting my latest short screenplay “The Scarlet Awakening” this year if I can find budget for it.
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
I would like to be in a place I deserve in every aspect.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I have no routine. I write instinctly. I just take some notes regularly because I don’t know what inspires me and when. I realize the most creative ideas come into my mind in the short period before I fall into sleep. My script writing is based on my own ideas which I developed from my experiences and imaginations. I accumulate my ideas and form them into words to become a movie. The reason why I do this because I feel very strong about movie which I can envisage.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Directing and producing films; briefly filmmaking.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
I have been reading a lot of news about WILDsound Script Contest online. I have already been following your festival for about a year time and I find your contests very enjoyable and exciting. I have desired to be one of the contestants one day! I am honored being as a finalist for this remarkable and prestigious festival.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
In my opinion, a script writer must be like a curious and excited child who observes people and events constantly around them. Reading a lot of scripts is one of the most useful tools for script writers. I also advise them to watch more movies, read books about psychology and follow the online script sources.