For anyone writing, I cannot recommend a better competition to enter than WILDsound. Since rewriting my script based on their constructive criticism I have placed in a handful of semifinals and finals that I don't believe I would have reached without their feedback and continued support.
- Kim Godfrey, Eraser, TV Pilot
Submissions take 3-5 weeks for evaluation
Why this is the #1 TV Screenplay Festival and Contest in the World today!
- 0ffers screenwriters at all levels the fantastic opportunity to hear their scripts read aloud using TOP PROFESSIONAL ACTORS and showcased online for 1000s to see.
- This network currently averages over 90,000 unique visitors a day and growing.
- One of the best places in the world for the writers to sell their script and/or obtain and agent.
- No matter what happens, you will receive full feedback on your script by our established WILDsound Reading Committee. No other place in the world will you get coverage for the price you pay.
- Even if you're just looking for feedback of your script, this is the festival for you.
It's there for all to see. The proof is in the viewership. These videos garner 1000s of views online. Some of the screenplay readings are more popular than actual studio films made!
- We specialize in showcasing TV PILOT and TV SPECS from past shows and making sure that when the script is ready, the writer will benefit by at least obtaining a solid agent.
The RULES are simple:
1. Write a script. Edit the heck out of it. We accept original TV pilots and TV Spec scripts from existing shows.
2. Email your script to firstname.lastname@example.org in .pdf, .doc, .wpd, .rtf, or .fdr format.
In the body in the email please add your:
OR if you like to mail us your script with a check, please email us and we'll make arrangements.
PLEASE ADD YOUR FULL CONTACT INFO (especially email address) on the title page of your script!
NEW: All submissions to this contest also get a FREE LOGLINE listing on this site. Go to the LOGLINE submission page and submit your logline information.
A note from the CEO of WILDsound:
When I officially took over the WILDsound Writing Festival in May 2013 from the old majority ownership, the new mandate was to showcase as many scripts, novels, plays, poems, and stories as possible. No more finalists or waiting for a reading for anyone who submitted. If your story is ready, we'll perform it no questions asked. It's that simple. As you can see since that time, we have showcased over 100 stories/scripts at our festival and will continue to showcase 1000s more by the end of the decade. SEE HERE recent winning readings.
Our mandate first and foremost is for all the submitters is to receive professional feedback from people in your industry, and we have an excellent rotation of talent who read and give you notes on your work. And they'll tell you what stage your writing piece is at. If it's not ready, you can re-submit your new draft anytime. If it's ready, then we'll make sure thousands of people see your reading online and you will obtain an agent if you do not yet have one.
When your work is ready, it benefits everyone. The festival, the people who approved your work, and of course the writer who wrote the piece. If we feel it is not ready, there is a reason as we try to find as much ready work as possible. Some months you'll see us performing over 20 reading videos, and no matter what we always perform at least 10 stories/scripts a month at the festival.
We have the platform on our popular network and YouTube channel to showcase many writers using our large database of professional actors always excited to perform your work.
All of the submission fees go to the writer's feedback, and the winning videos.
WATCH past and recent script winning readings! CLICK HERE and see what happens when your script wins.
There is no reading series like it!
Over the last two years WILDsound has given many screenwriters the opportunity to network with other filmmakers, distributors, agents and producers. Mainly what this contest does is give exposure to the writer. They will be able to obtain a solid agent, plus get notice by producers looking for writers to work on their scripts.
Festival Review - Read testimonials of past submitters feedback on their work.