A talented young man en route to becoming a jerk finds out what's really important in his life when confronted with a bit too much in the way of reality.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a film?
Pure fun and entertainment with a message snuck in.
3. How long have you been writing screenplays?
Seriously...for 20 years...no, 21. Damn. But I have 30 scripts to my name.
4. What film have you seen the most in your life?
"The 400 Blows" by Francois Truffaut -- and NO, it is NOT a porn film! I have to say that because I've had two idiots ask me if it was, BOTH of them having already graduated from FILM school!! Close second -- "Empire of the Sun" by Steven Spielberg.
5. What artist in the film industry would you love to work with?
6. Who was your hero growing up?
I'm torn between Alfred Hitchcock and Isaac Asimov.
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
In the West of Ireland making a movie from my series of award-winning gothic horror scripts about a family trapped in an ancient curse (well, 2 of them won awards). One part would even be in Gaelic. Damn, wouldn't that be kewl?
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
Ready for schizophrenia? I can't write the script until my characters start talking to me. I can research and make notes and do a walkabout, even, but until they say, "Hi, ready to play?" I can't do a damned thing on the story. Then it all falls into place.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Photography. Art. Internet porn. The usual.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
The chance to see my characters alive and ineracting, as personified by actors on a stage.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Do not censor anything. An idea that seems stupid when you first have it may be the one that saves your butt when the script stops working.