ELINOR PERRY-SMITH - WINTER 2011 1pg. Screenplay Finalist
1. What is your screenplay about?
A young heartbroken woman, who is transformed magically by a mysterious 'glory hole' in a public rest room.
2. Why did should people vote for your 1page script?
Because it's an unexpected twist on a traditionally sleazy subject!
3. How long have you been writing screenplays?
4. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Ooh, let me think... Aliens.
5. What artist in the film industry would you love to work with?
Quentin Tarantino. I bet there's never a dull moment.
6. How many screenplays have you written?
If you include shorts and stageplays, about twenty.
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Earning an independent living from my writing, but still learning. It's all about the process!
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I do indeed. Housework must be done. Decks must be cleared. Food must be eaten and brain fed.
Then I sit and write, trying not to impose too much of my conscious will upon my work. I write for 3-4 hours a day, thereafter I stop for fear of gibberish.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My family, and I probably spend far too much time in charity shops as my bulging wardrobes and bookshelves will attest...
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
I liked the 'let's do it!' attitude.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Write every day. Keep developing yourself as a writer, and you can't network too much.
CLICK and WATCH MOVIES ONLINE!